I know I said my next blog would be when I’ve already settled in, but you know how it’s like when it’s the last day of something, you can’t help but take a lot of photos and/or try to translate what’s going on inside your head to words and sentences because somehow, you want to remember this one last moment?
Sometimes I wonder why I subjected myself to this self-inflicted stress of moving from one place to another in the past 5 years. 7 apartments in 5 years, 8 if I’m going to count this homecoming.
LOL. And I’ve documented 5 out of 8 of them too!
- This is when I first moved out of my parents’ house.
- This is when I moved out of my second apartment to share a place with two friends.
- This is when I went solo and rented a studio unit all to myself.
- This is when I left Ortigas to try out living in Quezon City.
- This is when I realized it’s time to move back home.
- This is when I’m finally moving back home.
So yep, it’s the 8th time I’m putting my stuff inside moving boxes, and every time I do, this little voice inside my head would go, “One last stop, Riz, just one last.”
I’m done packing, and I’m savoring this last night.